lunes, 5 de octubre de 2015

Grammar

CAMBRIDGE
BOOK: English Grammar in use
A self-study reference and practice book
for intermediate learners of english
Fourth Edition with answers
Raymond Murphy


Present Continuous(I am doing)

She is driving to work

This means: she is driving now, at the time of speaking.The action is not finished.

am/is/are + ing is the present continuos
Please don't make so much noise. I'm trying to work.
He's having a shower.
It isn't raining any more.
Hi Jane. Are you enjoying the party?
What's going on?
Steve is talking to a friend on the phone. He says:

I'm reading a really good book at the moment. It's about a man who....

She's learning english.
Some friends of mine are building their own house.They hope to finish it next summer.

Today/This Week/ This year
You are working hard today.
Isn't doing so well this year.

verbs:
get change become increase rise fall grow improve begin start
Is your english getting better?
The population of the world is increasing very fast.
At first i didn't like my job, but I'm beginning to enjoy it now.

I'm  getting hungry.
It's getting late.
They're lying.
It's starting to rain.

Present Simple(I do)
The earth goes round the sun.
My sister teaches...
I come from Colombia. Where do you come from?
I don't go away at weekends.

I promise/ I apologise
I advice/ I insist
I agree/ I refuse

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario